.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 07, 2009

 

Comet C/2006 W3 Christiensen in GRAS

Comet C/2006 W3 Christiensen is a nice little comet that is anomalously bright, it should be around magnitude 12 according to predictions, but is up around magnitude 9.

W3 is well placed for observation at the moment, and the weather finally gave me a break. I took this image using the remote telescope GRAS 8 shortly after moonrise using a 120 second exposure and a luminance filter and 1x binning.

C/2006 W3 Christiensen is moving rather fast at the moment, which is why the image is elongated. I will try and see if I can stack shorter images if the weather is kind to me. In the meantime, have a look at these images here and here.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?